These days, video is an undeniably in style channel for advertising and marketing functions.
In actual fact, in 2021, 86% of companies use video as a advertising and marketing tactic.
In the event you’re an e-mail marketer, I am prepared to wager you have thought-about the way you may spruce up your subscription and click-through charges with video. It is a good suggestion in concept, with roughly two-thirds of consumers preferring video over text when studying about new services or products.
In actuality, nonetheless, it may be tough. Main e-mail shoppers together with Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook do not assist embedded movies, so your subscribers both will not be capable to watch your video inside the e-mail, or worse — they will not see your e-mail in any respect, as a result of it’s going to find yourself of their spam folders.
Thankfully, there is a artistic workaround that will help you embed half of your video inside your e-mail, and incentivize subscribers to click-through to look at the remaining. Right here, let’s discover methods to just do that.
Embed YouTube (or Any Different) Video in Electronic mail
There are two choices you may contemplate when embedding a video inside your e-mail — you’ll be able to both embed a GIF of your video with a “click on right here to look at full video” CTA, or you’ll be able to embed a nonetheless picture of your video, and when subscribers click on the “Play” button, they will be re-routed to your video’s URL.
Let’s discover the GIF possibility, first.
The way to Embed Video in Electronic mail
- Discover the URL of the video you wish to embrace, or obtain and save your video to your pc.
- Go to Imgflip.com, a instrument that lets you create GIFs of movies.
- Select a place to begin and finish level to your GIF.
- Obtain your GIF.
- Drag-and-drop your GIF into your e-mail, and add a video CTA linking to the complete video.
You should use the next directions on any video from a video internet hosting platform of your selecting, together with YouTube, Vimeo, Fb, DailyMotion, and so on. Within the following examples we used a Fb URL, however a YouTube URL would work simply as nicely.
1. Discover the URL of the video you wish to embrace, or obtain and save your video to your pc.
To create a GIF of a video I needed to incorporate in my e-mail, I first went to HubSpot’s Facebook page and copied the URL of a current video the group uploaded to the positioning — “How a Senior search engine optimisation Strategist Sees the World”.
2. Go to Imgflip.com, a instrument that lets you create GIFs of movies.
You’ll be able to add a URL on to Imgflip, or you’ll be able to add a video you’ve gotten saved in your pc. For our functions, I copied and pasted the URL from HubSpot’s Fb web page. Alternatively, you’ll be able to copy and paste a YouTube URL or web site URL.
3. Select a place to begin and finish level to your GIF.
As soon as your video is completed downloading, you may see this pop-up. There are two triangles that may show you how to select the place you would like to begin and cease your GIF — in case you transfer the inexperienced one you are selecting a place to begin to your GIF, and in case you transfer the pink one you are selecting an finish level.
(It is essential to notice, for non-Professional accounts, you’ll be able to’t create a GIF that lasts longer than 20 seconds on Imgflip.)
As soon as you have chosen a clip you would like to make use of to your GIF, click on “Generate GIF”.
4. Obtain your GIF.
As soon as your GIF has been generated, you may have the choice to copy-and-paste the picture hyperlink or picture URL. As a substitute, click on “Obtain .gif”.
5. Drag-and-drop your GIF into your e-mail, and add a video CTA linking to the complete video.
Now comes the enjoyable half! Merely create your e-mail to ship to your subscribers, and drag-and-drop your GIF out of your desktop into the e-mail itself.
Under the GIF, create a video CTA, like “Click on to view full video right here” with a URL to your video (the URL will seemingly result in your personal web site, YouTube, Fb, or one other social platform).
You’ll be able to spruce up your e-mail topic line with “Video included” to additional incentivize click-through charges.
In fact, you may wish to use e-mail advertising and marketing finest practices when embedding a GIF, and make sure the video you wish to embrace is really a compelling, fascinating piece of content material to your e-mail subscribers.
It is a distinctive alternative to additional have interaction along with your prospects and prospects, so ensure to make use of it properly — do not simply ship a video commercial to your services or products.
Subsequent, let’s discover the way you may embrace a nonetheless picture of your video with a “Play” button.
The way to Create a Nonetheless Picture of Your Video With a Play Button
1. For this instance, I will use the identical video as earlier than. As a substitute of copying the URL, nonetheless, I merely screenshotted a paused part of the video.
2. Once I paused the Fb video, it mechanically included a “Play” button. Nevertheless, in case you screenshot a video whereas it is enjoying, you won’t have a “Play” button. So as to add one to a nonetheless picture, go to the web site Add Play Button to Image, add your picture, select a play button design, and click on “Create Play Button Picture”.
Then, click on “Obtain Picture”.
3. Subsequent, merely click on “Insert Picture” in your e-mail to incorporate the picture with the Play button. Then, spotlight the picture and choose “Insert Hyperlink”. Copy-and-paste the hyperlink to the complete video (on this case I pasted the Fb URL, however you can too paste a URL to a web site along with your video, or YouTube).
4. And that is it! Now, when a subscriber clicks in your picture, they will be redirected to the complete video. Make sure the video auto-plays so the subscriber does not must click on “Play” once more.
The way to Embed a Video in a HubSpot Electronic mail
1. In the event you’re a HubSpot email tool user, you may see a Video module on the left-side of your display while you’re creating an e-mail.
Merely drag-and-drop the module into the part of the e-mail you would like to incorporate a video.
2. Subsequent, you’ve gotten the choice to Embed a video utilizing a URL, or importing a video to your COS. For our functions, let’s copy-and-paste a YouTube URL into the textual content field.
3. Lastly, edit the video to fit your wants. You’ll be able to modify the video’s width and top, and even create a customized thumbnail.
4. Whenever you’re prepared, click on the orange “Overview and ship” button on the top-right of your display.
The way to Use HTML5 Code to Embed Video in Electronic mail
Lastly, some e-mail shoppers do assist embedded video. In the event you really feel it is the best technique to your subscribers, you’ll be able to embed a video inside e-mail utilizing HTML5.
Here is an instance of an HTML5 code you may use in your e-mail:
If the video is not supported, your subscriber can see a static picture linking to a different web page, as a substitute.
If you do not have expertise coding, you may contemplate asking a developer that will help you, or check out W3 College’s HTML5 Video article.
Nevertheless, it is essential to notice — we do not suggest this technique, because you threat both ending up in your subscribers’ spam folders, or utilizing code that a lot of your subscribers’ e-mail shoppers will not assist. In the end, it could possibly be extra bother for a lot of of your subscribers’ than it is price.
To make sure your video will be seen by all of your subscribers, I would suggest one of many methods listed above, as a substitute.
In the event you’re on the lookout for different alternatives to spice up e-mail click-through charges and conversions, check out HubSpot’s free email marketing tool.