the saying, “If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is round to listen to it, does it make a sound?”
Nicely, occasion promotion is analogous. Should you placed on an occasion however do not advertise, will it even occur? With out promotion, you most likely will not get any attendees as a result of nobody will know it is occurring.
Whereas occasion promotion is straightforward in idea, truly planning a profitable advertising and marketing technique and promotion plan just isn’t.
In fact, you’ve got seen large-scale occasion promotions. However you are most likely considering, “We do not have that sort of finances” or “What are extra artistic methods to extend model consciousness and lead technology?”
Nicely, that is what we’ll uncover on this publish. Let’s evaluate a few of our favourite methods to creatively promote your occasion with out breaking the financial institution.
Occasion Promotion Concepts
- Supply early hen registration.
- Place an indication exterior your enterprise.
- Produce a artistic touchdown web page.
- Take part in content material advertising and marketing.
- Have event-specific branding.
- Use e-mail advertising and marketing to succeed in your viewers.
- Put up pre-event behind-the-scenes posts.
- Retargeting adverts on social media.
- Create an occasion hashtag.
- Work with keynote audio system, influencers, different manufacturers, and sponsors.
- Run a social media contest.
- Create a social media filter.
- Promote on social media.
- Put up on Fb and neighborhood teams.
- Host a social media problem or takeover.
Free Occasion Promotion
1. Supply early hen registration.
An effective way to advertise your occasions is to supply early hen registration. This can incentivize your viewers to join your occasion early.
Moreover, this provides you with a good suggestion of how you can proceed selling your occasion — are individuals ? What are their objections? Is your present advertising and marketing plan working?
With early hen registration, you can gauge your viewers’s curiosity and your advertising and marketing ways. Plus, it incentivizes individuals to purchase tickets as quickly as potential for the low cost.
2. Place an indication exterior your enterprise.
In fact, good old style banners are a good way to extend native consciousness of an occasion.
You possibly can publish these exterior your enterprise or if you do not have a brick-and-mortar enterprise, then you’ll be able to publish banners all through the native space the place you will be holding the occasion.
3. Product a artistic touchdown web page.
The touchdown web page on your occasion is the first strategy to talk details about your occasion. You must publish all the small print concerning the occasion — the day, time, location, subject, targets, and many others.
Moreover, you’ll be able to publish an agenda so individuals know what the content material shall be like on the occasion. It’s also possible to use this web page to publish about audio system or influencers you have got attending.
It is also a good suggestion to incorporate pictures or movies out of your final occasion and have an FAQ web page that solutions any repeating questions.
And naturally, you will need to hyperlink to your social media pages and place a name to motion on the web page for individuals to buy tickets.
4. Take part in content material advertising and marketing.
Earlier than your occasion, it is a good suggestion to start out posting about it all through your content material advertising and marketing channels.
You possibly can publish CTAs in your YouTube movies, talk about the occasion in your weblog posts, speak about it in a podcast, or publish on social media.
No matter channels you utilize to publish content material advertising and marketing belongings can be utilized as a strategy to promote your occasion.
5. Have event-specific branding.
One other nice strategy to get the phrase out about your occasion is to have event-specific branding. Make your occasion a model in and of itself. That is the best way that HubSpot promotes the INBOUND occasion. INBOUND is a separate model from HubSpot. It isn’t simply an occasion for our prospects. It is an occasion for any marketer, gross sales, or service skilled who desires to study extra and educate themselves.
To do that, separate the occasion model out of your firm model. Have a distinct web site, totally different colours, totally different messaging, and many others. This can assist appeal to individuals who do not find out about your organization and are simply coming throughout the occasion.
6. Use e-mail advertising and marketing to succeed in your viewers.
In fact, e-mail advertising and marketing is a significant strategy to attain your present viewers. You must promote your occasion through e-mail to totally different segmented audiences.
This can assist let everybody who is aware of about your organization know concerning the occasion. Plus, you’ll be able to supply e-mail subscriber reductions to incentivize present followers of your organization to attend.
Social Media Occasion Promotion
7. Put up pre-event behind-the-scenes posts.
Social media is one other main manner that you would be able to promote your occasions.
Certainly one of my favourite occasion promotion methods to observe as a shopper is to look at behind-the-scenes posts. I like a great BTS Instagram story or publish exhibiting how an organization is getting ready for an occasion.
Main as much as your occasion, publish about it on social media. Put up concerning the individuals you have got coming to your occasion, or any cool decor objects. This can get your followers excited concerning the occasion and will persuade them to purchase a ticket.
8. Retargeting adverts on social media.
Everyone knows that social media is the place individuals spend a variety of their time. In the event that they’ve come throughout your organization or different occasion promotion, social media retargeting adverts are a good way to remain prime of thoughts.
You need individuals to return throughout your model constantly and to remind them concerning the occasion. Even when somebody thinks an occasion is a good suggestion, they won’t purchase a ticket immediately. Retargeting is a good way to get these prospects at a later date.
9. Create an occasion hashtag.
When you’re selling your occasion, a good way to speak to attendees or people who find themselves excited about registering is thru an occasion hashtag. This can assist you to monitor mentions and keep within the dialog with individuals who need to attend your occasion.
This might additionally assist get you trending and enhance the variety of people who find themselves conscious of and see your occasions.
Through the occasion, once more, it is a place for individuals to ask questions and so that you can work together with attendees.
10. Work with keynote audio system, influencers, different manufacturers, and sponsors.
Collaboration is without doubt one of the finest methods to advertise your occasion. Contemplate having occasion sponsors that may need to promote the occasion for you.
It’s also possible to have model partnerships the place you’re employed with different corporations who will inform their viewers about your occasion.
Moreover, promote the heck out of your keynote audio system or any influencers that you simply’re working with. It is a nice strategy to faucet into their audiences to get the phrase out about your occasion much more.
It is vital to make the most of different individuals’s following so individuals exterior of your viewers hear about your occasions.
11. Run a social media contest.
Should you’ve run social media contests earlier than and have had success, a social media contest or giveaway may be a great way to get the phrase out about your occasion.
You possibly can host a contest the place the winner will get tickets. Possibly they’ve to love your posts or remark and tag some pals. Both manner, social media contests will assist you to garner consciousness.
12. Create a social media filter.
A enjoyable strategy to promote your occasion is to make use of a social media filter. You possibly can create one particularly on your occasion and showcase it in your social media.
Should you get different individuals to make use of the filter, then you definately’ll be selling your occasion to their audiences mechanically.
13. Promote on social media.
We won’t talk about occasion promotion with out speaking about social media adverts. Once more, individuals spend a variety of time on social media. Operating adverts with lookalike audiences on Fb is a good way to promote to a chilly viewers.
14. Put up on Fb and neighborhood teams.
Social media communities and teams are additionally unbelievable locations to advertise an occasion. It may very well be a Fb group or a subreddit.
Moreover, you will need to create an occasion web page on social media so as to share it in several teams or communities.
15. Host a social media problem or takeover.
Social media challenges and takeovers are a enjoyable strategy to interact your viewers. With a social media problem, your viewers can instantly interact together with your firm or model. Should you host a social media takeover with an influencer, once more, you’ll be able to attain their entire viewers.
Social media posts, challenges, reside streams, and takeovers are wonderful methods to advertise your occasions.
Now that you’ve got a number of concepts for how you can promote your occasion, it is time to begin excited about the timeline. When will you do these items? How near the occasion must you promote? Let’s talk about under.
Occasion Promotion Timeline
3-4 months earlier than your occasion
- E mail advertising and marketing: E mail earlier attendees, give an early hen low cost, and many others.
- Put up in social media teams
- Create a Fb occasion
- Promote influencers/audio system/sponsors
- Launch web site/touchdown web page
- Create event-specific branding
- Put up banners regionally
6-8 weeks earlier than your occasion
- Promote influencers/audio system/sponsors
- Arrange search engine campaigns and any on-line adverts
- Produce content material advertising and marketing belongings
- Run a social media contest
- Finish early hen promotions
3-5 weeks earlier than your occasion
- E mail advertising and marketing drip campaigns
- Retargeting adverts on social media
- Have partnering manufacturers/sponsors publish about your occasion
- Create a social media filter
1-2 weeks earlier than your occasion
- Create social media hashtag
- Put up behind-the-scenes content material on social media
- Use “final name” messaging
2-6 days earlier than your occasion
- Ship an e-mail reminder to those that have an interest
- Promote on social media
- Extra BTS content material
Day of your occasion
- Run your hashtag
- Be energetic on social media
- Take pictures/movies and publish them on-line
- Have interaction together with your attendees on-line
After the occasion
- Thank everybody for coming
- Have a look at the success of your occasion promotion
- Have been individuals speaking about your occasion? Did content material advertising and marketing assist? Did social media site visitors lead to ticket gross sales?
- Ship a survey — to workers and prospects alike — ask how they preferred the occasion, what they preferred, what they assume may very well be improved, and many others.
Selling an occasion is rather a lot like juggling. There are a variety of transferring components to handle. This listing, though it isn’t exhaustive, ought to assist you to get began brainstorming about the most effective methods to advertise your occasion.