With greater than 740 million active users in 2020, LinkedIn’s expanded from a networking web site for professionals to one of many prime social media platforms.
By now, most of us have used LinkedIn to market our manufacturers, put up business thought management, or search for our dream jobs.
As LinkedIn’s continued to evolve by including new options, like LinkedIn Stories, it is steadily grown its person base. Whereas the LinkedIn viewers nonetheless skews in direction of career-minded professionals, the industries, pursuits, and demographics represented on the platform have develop into a lot broader since its launch.
Other than LinkedIn’s person progress, it is also continued to increase on promoting alternatives, which has helped make it one of the vital channels for B2B advertising.
Right now, it is changing into fairly clear that LinkedIn is not only for folks in govt company roles. With hundreds of thousands of firm pages and particular person members, there is a dialogue, put up, or skilled community for nearly anybody on this channel.
However, regardless of LinkedIn’s progress and promoting alternatives, many entrepreneurs or manufacturers nonetheless fear that the platform continues to be too formal or company for his or her audiences.
The reality is — LinkedIn might very properly be certainly one of your most underrated advertising channels.
If LinkedIn’s progress has caught your consideration and also you need to decide if its audiences and advert choices are best for you, it is vital to do a little analysis earlier than devoting extra time and sources to this community.
To get you began in your LinkedIn analysis, listed below are some need-to-know stats concerning the platform’s viewers, progress, and commonest advertising ways.
LinkedIn Stats to Know in 2021
Basic LinkedIn Stats
- In Q1 of 2021, LinkedIn income elevated 23 % year-over-year (LinkedIn)
- In 2020, LinkedIn made $181 billion in income. (LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn has greater than 740 million energetic customers. (LinkedIn)
- In Q3 of 2020, the quantity of content material shared on LinkedIn elevated by 50 %. (LinkedIn)
- Advertising and marketing Options is rising 40 % year-over-year in This fall 2020. (LinkedIn)
- Almost 40 million folks looked for jobs on LinkedIn every week in This fall 2020 (LinkedIn)
- In 2020, LinkedIn was voted probably the most trusted community. (Business Insider)
- In This fall of 2020, professionals watched 2X extra LinkedIn Studying content material than the yr earlier than. (LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn Dwell streams have elevated by 158% since February 2020. (LinkedIn)
- 57% of world LinkedIn customers are male. (DataReportal)
- Whereas 44% of these between 25 to 30 and 37% of these aged 30 to 49 say they use LinkedIn. (Pew Research Center)
- 49% of web customers who make greater than $75,000 yearly use LinkedIn whereas solely 26% of these within the $30,000 to $74,999 vary use the platform. (Pew Research Center)
- 51% of web customers with a university diploma or larger use LinkedIn. (Pew Research Center)
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn members drive enterprise choices at their firms. (LinkedIn)
- 174 million U.S. Employees have LinkedIn profiles. (LinkedIn)
- 30% of LinkedIn customers dwell in city areas. (Hootsuite)
Advertising and marketing Techniques and Lead Technology
- LinkedIn is the most well-liked platform of B2B entrepreneurs, adopted by Twitter. (Content Marketing Institute)
- As of January 2020, 663.3 million customers have been reached by LinkedIn Advertisements. (We Are Social)
- Information reveals that probably the most partaking LinkedIn posts are printed on Wednesdays between 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and midday, Thursday at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., and Friday at 9 a.m. (Sprout Social)
- LinkedIn’s lead conversion charges are 3X larger than different main advert platforms, together with Google Advertisements. (LinkedIn)
- Roughly 15% of entrepreneurs are creating content material for LinkedIn. (HubSpot)
- Solely 10% of entrepreneurs say they’re investing in LinkedIn. (HubSpot)
- In a examine of over 5,000 companies, HubSpot discovered that visitors from LinkedIn generated the best visitor-to-lead conversion fee at 2.74%, virtually thrice or 277% larger than each Twitter (.69%) and Fb (.77%). (HubSpot)
LinkedIn Consumer Statistics
- 40 million folks look to LinkedIn for job alternatives each week. (LinkedIn)
- Three persons are employed every minute on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- There are greater than 55 million firms listed on LinkedIn and there are 14 million open jobs on the platform. (LinkedIn)
- For firms who’re energetic on LinkedIn, 30% of their engagement comes from their very own staff. They’re 14x extra more likely to share their employers’ content material on the platform in comparison with different kinds of content material. (LinkedIn)
LinkedIn Promoting Statistics
- LinkedIn Advertisements accounted for greater than a 3rd of LinkedIn’s complete income in This fall 2020. (LinkedIn).
- Advertising and marketing Options elevated 50%. LinkedIn predicts the bounce was attributable to advertisers selecting the platform because the trusted method to supply heat leads. (LinkedIn)
- Hootsuite and We Are Social report that 727 million folks could be reached by LinkedIn promoting. (DataReportal)
- Quarter-over-quarter in 2020, LinkedIn’s promoting attain has elevated 3.5%. (DataReportal)
Mastering LinkedIn Advertising and marketing
As a result of LinkedIn has a barely completely different viewers from different main platforms like Fb, Twitter, or Instagram, you will need to perceive whether or not your shoppers are partaking there earlier than investing time or sources right into a marketing campaign or commercial. Make sure to maintain the stats above, in addition to rising analysis concerning the platform and its audiences, in thoughts as you put together your subsequent social media technique.
Editor’s be aware: This put up was initially printed in Could 2020 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.