On the finish of yearly, we prefer to learn by way of among the main stories on inbound advertising and marketing, content material advertising and marketing, social media, and on-line conduct.
It is wonderful how briskly issues can change in only one or two years, and this yr has a breadth of peculiar statistics to replicate on.
This yr, we have seen the continued significance of visible content material emphasised by the modifications that occurred throughout virtually each main social community, together with Fb, Instagram, and Twitter. On the similar time, movies continued to develop as highly effective instruments for manufacturers seeking to communicate more easily with their readers, and digital actuality (VR) is discovering its place as a advertising and marketing instrument in quite a few companies.
That can assist you maintain tempo with these developments, let’s check out some visible content material marketing statistics that display the influence visible content material has on attain, engagement, and gross sales. You possibly can soar to the next classes to see statistics associated to that class:
50 Visible Content material Advertising Statistics You Ought to Know
Normal Visible Content material Statistics
- 70% of firms put money into content material advertising and marketing, which may embrace visible advertising and marketing methods. (HubSpot)
- The first type of media utilized in content material advertising and marketing is video. (HubSpot)
- One fourth of entrepreneurs are investing in content material advertising and marketing associated to product promotions whereas simply over 20% of investing in branded storytelling particularly. (HubSpot)
- Entrepreneurs spend essentially the most time creating content material for Fb and their very own firm web site, respectively. (HubSpot)
- Design and visible content material is the most important problem for 23.7% of content material entrepreneurs. (Adam Enfroy)
- 49% of entrepreneurs charge visible advertising and marketing as Very Essential to their advertising and marketing technique, and 22% think about it Essential, and 19% say that their technique is nothing with out visible content material. (Venngage)
- 49% of entrepreneurs primarily use visible content material on blogs and web sites adopted by social channels resembling Fb and Instagram. (Venngage)
- When individuals hear data, they’re more likely to keep in mind solely 10% of that data three days later. Nonetheless, if a related picture is paired with that very same data, individuals retained 65% of the knowledge three days later. (Brain Rules)
- 40% of entrepreneurs predict that between 51% and 80% of companies will closely depend on visible content material into 2021. (Venngage)
Video Advertising Statistics
- Cellular video consumption has elevated 17 fold since 2012.
- Cisco tasks that international web site visitors from movies will make up 82% of all client web site visitors by 2022.
- 70% of YouTube viewers watch movies for “assist with an issue” they’re having of their passion, research, or job.
- Globally, YouTube is shoppers’ main supply of video content material, at 83% (Fb is second, at 67%).
- Video streaming has elevated considerably within the final a number of years. The live-streaming platform, Twitch, noticed year-over-year progress of 14.3% in 2020 and boasted as much as 1.645 billion watch hours per thirty days.
- In a 2018 HubSpot survey, 54% of shoppers needed to see extra video content material from a model or enterprise they help.
Supply: HubSpot Research
Rising Visible Advertising Tendencies
- In 2019, 42.9 million individuals within the US used a VR product, and 68.7 million individuals used an AR as soon as month-to-month. (eMarketer)
- Spending on VR for enterprise is anticipated to achieve $9.2 billion by 2021, outpacing its use for leisure. (FinancesOnline)
- 1 / 4 of VR customers imagine it has a robust potential for manufacturers and entrepreneurs. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 64% of shoppers say VR has essentially the most potential in gaming, whereas 52% acknowledge its potential in Movie and TV. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 57% of entrepreneurs used reside video in 2019.
- Fb lives generate 10 instances extra engagement than conventional movies.
- 90% of all video performs on Twitter happen on cellular gadgets.
- 73% of movies are two minutes or much less in size.
- 85% of adults eat content material on a number of gadgets on the similar time.
- In keeping with the Lowes residence enchancment retailer, how-to movies that have been proven in digital actuality (VR) had a 36% larger recall by viewers in comparison with individuals who solely considered the YouTube video.
Infographic Stats for Visible Content material Entrepreneurs
- Infographics are the fourth most used kind of content material advertising and marketing. (HubSpot)
- Infographics have had the most important improve in utilization amongst B2B entrepreneurs within the final 4 years — now at 67%.
- Folks following instructions with textual content and illustrations do 323% higher than individuals following instructions with out illustrations. Take content material marketer Ryan Robinson’s information on how to start a blog for example, the place he teaches readers the method of constructing a weblog by way of a mix of textual content, illustrations and infographics.
Social Media Stats for Visible Content material Entrepreneurs
- In a common survey of over 250 shoppers, 70% mentioned they watched Fb Tales extra typically than Instagram or Snapchat Tales. (HubSpot)
- Over 500 million Instagram accounts use Stories every day, and 4 million businesses use Stories ads every month 58% of people surveyed say they have become more interested in a brand/product after seeing it in Stories.. (Instagram Business)
- As of January 2021, the most important demographic of U.S. Instagram customers have been between 25 and 35, making up 33.1% % of Instagram’s consumer base within the U.S. (Statista)
- In 2019, Instagram accounted for roughly 31.8% of Fb promoting revenues, up from 13.2% in 2016. (Statista)
- Of the Instagram Story codecs individuals want most, 35% say they have interaction with quick narrative-styled Tales most frequently, adopted by interactive Tales centered round quizzes and polls. (HubSpot)
Information Supply: Lucid Software
- In keeping with Verizon Media, 69% of shoppers watch on-line movies with the pontificate. (Forbes)
- In a ballot of over 300 shoppers, 56% mentioned they “typically” watch social media Tales with the sound on, whereas 29% mentioned they “at all times” do that. (HubSpot)
- 72% of youngsters use Instagram and practically as many (69%) use Snapchat. Each have elevated by greater than 20% since 2015. (Pew Research)
- Tweets with video get 10 instances extra engagement than these with out.
- In an evaluation of over 1 million articles, BuzzSumo discovered that articles with a picture as soon as each 75-100 phrases obtained double the social media shares as articles with fewer pictures. (Buzzsumo)
- Fb posts with pictures see 2.3X extra engagement than these with out pictures.
- There are greater than 500 million Instagram customers energetic every single day. (Statista)
- 15% of all Fb content material is video – an rising proportion.
- The optimum video size for higher engagement on Fb is between 2 and 5 minutes. (Socialinsider)
- Snapchat had 249 million day by day energetic Snapchat customers as of 2020.
- Advertisers can attain greater than 169 million individuals on Pinterest.
- Income from Pinterest purchasing adverts grew by 100% in 2019.
- Pins that present a services or products in motion are 67% extra more likely to drive gross sales. (Pinterest Business)
- YouTube reaches extra 18+-year-olds throughout prime-time viewing hours than any cable TV community.
- Half of YouTube subscribers between the ages of 18 and 34 would drop no matter they have been doing to look at a brand new video from their favourite channel.
Editor’s word: This publish was initially printed in April 2020 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.