Chances are high, you’ve most likely spent a day falling down a rabbit gap of YouTube movies.
I actually have, and I feel I’d be fairly embarrassed to see the whole period of time I’ve spent on the platform.
Whereas it’s an excellent supply of leisure, YouTube has additionally proved itself to be a precious instrument for entrepreneurs. In actual fact, 70% of viewers purchased from a model after seeing content material on YouTube. And, with a world person base of greater than 2 billion people, it’s additionally secure to imagine that your target market is on the platform.
Nonetheless, simply as it’s for all social networks, constructing a presence on YouTube requires understanding which segments of your viewers are already there. Having that data makes it simpler to create content material that speaks to their pursuits, maximize ROI, and obtain basic advertising and marketing success. On this submit, we’ll go over key YouTube statistics it is advisable to know for 2021 that will help you achieve your advertising and marketing efforts.
2021 YouTube Demographics
Beneath, we’ll go over probably the most crucial YouTube statistics that present entrepreneurs how world audiences are utilizing the platform.
Basic YouTube Person Demographics
- YouTube is the second most visited web site on the planet. (Hootsuite)
- YouTube accounts for greater than 25% of whole worldwide cell site visitors. (Sandvine)
- YouTube has 2+ billion customers, making up virtually one-third of your complete web. (YouTube for Press)
- These 2+ billion customers are current in over 100 international locations and eat content material in 80 completely different languages. (YouTube for Press)
- YouTube customers watch one billion hours of content material day by day. (Hootsuite)
- YouTube is the second hottest channel for companies sharing video content material. (Buffer)
- 70% of viewers purchased from a model after seeing content material on YouTube. (Google Ads)
- YouTube will make 5.6 billion in promoting income in 2021 within the U.S. (eMarketer)
- YouTube is the highest video streaming app, and the typical person spends 23.2 hours per thirty days watching content material. (App Annie)
- The most well-liked YouTube search question is “music.” (Hootsuite)
- The most well-liked YouTube video is Pinkfong’s Youngsters Songs & Tales Child Shark Dance, with 7.85 billion views. (Statista)
- The three hottest movies on YouTube are commentary movies (like vlogs), product critiques (like unboxings), and how-to/tutorial type movies. (MediaKix)
- International customers watched over 100 billion hours of gaming content material in 2020. (YouTube)
- YouTube TV ended Q3 2020 with 3 million subscribers. (Alphabet)
- 70% of individuals used YouTube to train in 2020. (YouTube)
- Livestreams on YouTube grew 45% within the first half of 2020. (YouTube)
YouTube Age Demographics
- In Q3 2020, 77% of 15-to-25-year-olds and 70% of 45-to-64-year-olds within the U.S. used YouTube. (Statista)
- 21.2% of YouTube’s world viewers is between 25 and 34, and 17% is between 35 and 44. (Hootsuite)
- 80% of U.S. mother and father with a baby age 11 or youthful say their little one watches movies on YouTube, and 53% of these youngsters use the platform day by day. (Pew Research Center)
- Outdoors of China, 77% of Gen Z, 75% of millennials, 61% of Gen X, and 44% of Child Boomers go to YouTube day by day. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 18-to-34-year-olds use YouTube to view video content material on their TVs 7.9% extra typically than primary cable and 14.5% than premium cable. (Variety)
- 46% of Gen Z and Millennials within the U.S. and UK say they’ve watched a digital occasion on YouTube. (GlobalWebIndex)
YouTube Gender Demographics
Please observe that viewers knowledge for people who don’t establish as cisgender women and men shouldn’t be reported.
- 45.8% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers is feminine. (Hootsuite)
- 54.2% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers is male. (Hootsuite)
- Female and male web customers in america use YouTube at equal ranges. (Statista)
YouTube Geography Demographics
- As of February 2021, 16.6% of YouTube website visits come from america, 9.4% comes from India, and 4.9% comes from Japan. (Alexa)
- YouTube has launched native variations of the platform in additional than 100 international locations. (YouTube for Press)
- eMarketer predicts that the variety of YouTube customers in India will attain 342 million in 2021. (eMarketer)
- 86% of U.S. viewers say they typically use YouTube to be taught new issues. (Think With Google)
Let Information Drive Your YouTube Technique
Use these statistics to create a YouTube advertising and marketing technique that speaks to your viewers’s pursuits, drives income, and will increase conversions.